"Many of us that live in cities spend 90% of our time indoors where the level of air pollutants are often 2-5 times higher than outdoors."

- The United States Environmental Protection Agency

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS2020-05-12T04:25:15+00:00

Frequently Asked Questions

How long is the basic Mold Remediator and Mold Assessor Certification Course?2020-05-12T04:16:41+00:00

This is a 16 hr course and provides 14 CEU credits to already licensed professionals in the state of Florida.

What are the Florida state requirements to become a licensed Mold Remediator or Mold Assessor?2020-05-12T04:17:14+00:00

This depends upon which method of licensure for which you are applying: initial licensure by examination, endorsement or grandfathering (ended March 1, 2011). Click here for more information.

Will I be licensed in the state of Florida upon completion of the basic Mold Remediator and Mold Assessor Course?2020-05-12T04:18:42+00:00

No. The course is designed to prepare students for the state licensing exam. Exams are offered on-site upon completion of the basic mold certification course. Successfully passing the state exam you will then have to submit a state licensing application with the Department of Business & Professional Regulation (DBPR).

Professionals that meet the state requirements are permitted to challenge the exam without taking the course.

Does the basic Mold Remediation / Assessment Certification course allow me to practice in any state?2020-05-12T04:19:07+00:00

Our Basic Mold Certification course is a standards-based training of common procedures and uniform industry methods designed for Florida state professionals that possess the prerequisite experience to prepare and sit for the Florida state license exam. There are several states that require a state license to perform the work and may require prerequisites and a licensing exam (Ex. FL, TX, LA, NY, DC). We advocate that you research your state requirements at your Department of Labor or Department of Business Regulation.  A combination of the Basic and the Advanced curriculum can be customized for out of state professionals looking to break into the trade.  Out of state professionals that wish to become proficient in the trade can visit our Advanced Program link and contact us directly to discuss in further detail.

Does AMMA require continuing education for recertification?2020-05-12T04:20:05+00:00

Yes, it is required to obtain 14 CEU credits biennially to maintain certification. AMMA Certified professionals can take the basic refresher course to receive all 14 credits or take other offerings through the organization. State licensed practitioners can fulfill their state licensing CEU requirements from other state approved providers depending on their state requirements.

Why Bioremediation vs traditional Biocides & Fungicides for mold removal?2020-05-12T04:21:10+00:00

Manufactured chemical products will kill mold.  However, this usually does not destroy the toxic metabolites produced by mold and often introduce their own chemical compounds into the environment, increasing the concentration of toxic properties even after the mold is killed.  Most products used in remediation are registered with the EPA under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide ACT (FIFRA).  Pesticides or biocides were created to kill.  Many of these products have high toxicity and poor efficacy on eliminating mycotoxins produced by mold. Bioremediation uses micros and purified enzymes that metabolize mold and degradate mycotoxins into harmless compounds. Bioremediation methods were developed cleaning up Petro chemical oil spills in soil and protecting our food from mycotoxin contamination in agriculture. It is a safer and more effective system for eliminating mold and returning the environment back to its natural state.

What is Bioremediation?2020-05-12T04:21:42+00:00

Bioremediation is any process that uses microorganisms or purified enzymes to remove contaminants and return the environment to its natural state.

Go to Top